4A Generations: Three Lady Ducks Bookmaking Workshop
Sunday, 10 December 2023, 2:00am
4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art
181-187 Hay St, Haymarket
Free | Register here
Join art participant and art historian Shuxia Chen for an enchanting afternoon on Sunday, 10 December, of artistic exploration and storytelling with your child! As part of the public program for The Womanifesto Way: Sydney Gathers, we are thrilled to invite families to participate in a unique workshop that bridges generations through the magic of collaborative bookmaking.
What to Expect:
1. Explore The Womanifesto Way: Sydney Gathers Exhibition
The workshop begins with a walkthrough of the Womanifesto exhibition to learn more about the camel library project and Womanifesto's history.
2. A presentation of the “Three Lady Ducks"
This is followed by a presentation of the "Three Lady Ducks" story, initiated by artist and co-organiser Phaptawan Suwannakudt. Explore the enchanting narrative and draw inspiration from its unique themes.
3. Unleash Creativity in 4A Lab
Transition to a hands-on experience in 4A's second space, the 4A Lab. Guided by Shuxia Chen, families will embark on a creative journey, crafting their own collaborative version of the "Three Lady Ducks" story.
4. Craft Your Book Using Provided Templates
Each family will receive a template of a 10-page book, thoughtfully designed by the 4A team. With all materials provided, let your imagination run wild as you fill the pages with your unique stories and illustrations.
5. Display Your Masterpiece
The books created during the workshop may be displayed in the 4A Lab for the duration of the Womanifesto exhibition if they wish. Participants are very welcome to take their works home as cherished mementos of the experience.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity for your child to engage with contemporary art, foster intergenerational stories, and contribute to the Womanifesto exhibition!
- This workshop is suitable for children 5 and above. Each child must be accompanied by a parent throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Spaces are limited, so be sure to register to secure your spot.
- All materials will be provided. Just bring your creativity and eagerness to collaborate!
- If you can no longer attend, please contact 4A via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can allocate tickets to people on the waiting list.
The Womanifesto Way: Sydney Gathers has been commissioned by 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art with support from the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade; Creative Australia, its arts funding and advisory body; the NSW Government through Create NSW; the City of Sydney; and The Power Institute, University of Sydney.